First Nations & Metis Info
“Man does not weave this web of life. He is merely a strand of it. Whatever he does to the web he does to himself.” - Chief Seattle
Money for school?? Some information on funding and scholarships:
- Sturgeon Lake Band Members: Grade 12 or post-graduate students need to contact Gloria Goodswimmer at Sturgeon Lake Resources, as soon as possible, 780-524-2520, about post-secondary funding for 2019, even if you are planning to take a year off between high school and post-secondary. Students on and off reserve can get funding information from Ms. Goodswimmer.
- Belcourt-Brosseau Metis Scholarship deadline is March 31. See poster on Ms. Boman’s bulletin board for more information.
- TransCanada, Rupertsland Institute and ATCO have scholarship money available. See posters on Ms. Boman’s bulletin board for more information.
- Free online Learning Resource for your child is now available to all Treaty 8 students in Grades 3 to 12 who live on-reserve and attend a Provincial School. For more information and to register contact Justine Supernault at Treaty 8 First Nations of Alberta, 1-888-TREATY8 (873-2898).
- Spirit Seekers Youth Conference in Grande Prairie March 15-16, 2019. $150 per person. See poster on Ms. Boman’s bulletin board.
- Junior Forest Rangers application deadline is April 1. See poster on Ms. Boman’s bulletin board for more information.
- Education Fair at Portage College in Lac La Biche on March 14, 2019. See poster on Ms. Boman’s bulletin board.